ICAISA Principles of Good PracticE
- For Council Operations
- For Association Accreditation Practice
- For Council Representative Interactions
- The Council adopts a clear statement of the Council’s mission, vision, and strategic goals, establishes policies and plans consistent with the mission, and engages in ongoing reflection and review of mission, plans, policies, and operations.
Council representatives act in the best interests of the Council while balancing their own personal views and the positions taken by their associations with the interest of the Council.
- Council members willingly share information/findings gathered through the Council review report with their own associations.
- All Council representatives share a responsibility to promote Council work and preserve the integrity of what they do by sharing concerns and feedback.
- Council representatives adhere to a value of holding member associations to the Criteria.
Where overlapping accreditation groups exist, associations inform schools of other accreditation programs that might better/also serve their needs.
The association recognizes the right of currently accredited member schools (or candidates) to consider other or additional accreditation options.
Council members will share accreditation materials with one another and will respect any limitations on distribution.